Submit Your Poetry For Consideration in Saul Williams new project!!
Taken from his blog, you can find the original article here
I’m pleased to announce that I will be editing an anthology of fresh voices in poetry that will be published by MTV Books. Although I am classifying this book as an anthology it may, technically, be more accurate to label it as a literary (re)mixtape where I will be playing the role of DJ- cutting and splicing your submissions to create a larger cohesive poem that reads as a singular epic. Get it? We will be collaborating, in a sense, writing a poem together- all of our voices intertwined… in your words, not mine.
Here’s what you do:
* write a poem on any topic you choose (2 page max).
* submit it by sending it to email@example.com by no later than June 15th.
* I, along with the help of editors Aja Monet and Dufflyn Lammers, will choose 100 poems. If your poem is selected you will need to sign and return a permission form that will allow us to print your poem and to splice it into the re-mix.
* While there is no pay, all authors will be credited in the book and will receive a free copy upon release.
* Please also include mailing address, email address, phone number, and indicate which is the best way to reach you, as well as a very brief one paragraph bio.
If this idea appeals to you then I would like to offer an open invitation for you to submit one poem and add your voice to the chorus.