Recent Posts

Monday, December 6, 2010

60 seconds w/ Mazaroddi

Jerrod "Mazaroddi" Blackmon
CEO of Mazaroddi Music


60 seconds w/ Mazaroddi

What did you want to be when you were a child?


Well  I'm kinda steady with a pen & pencil... Even though I haven't drawn in a while, my 1st dream was 2 be an Architect ..


Favorite Album? Why?

This might sound kinda strange due 2 the fact I create Hip-Hop tracks.. but I would have 2 say.. "Slave" The Hardness of the World ..jointz like R&B hits  "Just a Touch of Love" .. "Watching You" .."Slide"  was my joint 2. Reason being  the funky sound .. heavy basslines, eerie strings & horns... that combo is how i try to create my tracks 2day.



How do you feel about the present state of hip hop? How do you hope to influence through your music?

As you can see I'm a old G I came through the ranks listening to Kool G Rap & DJ Polo.. EPMD Old Super Lover Cee and Casanova Rudd.. the likes of Roxanne Shante.. Hip Hop back then seemed to have a certain flair and a certain vitality that is lacking today.I have been focused on artists who are heading in a positive direction.. such as Hip Hop artist Quintescence. Poets such as yourself (Paradyme) seem to always have a deep message in your poetry.. this is all connected to hip-hop.. real hip-hop.. I would love to bring love back to hip-hop and eliminate the violence & hatred for our sisters.. and send a message to our youth that you can be all that you want to be...
 

Proudest Moment?

Winning the "USI" (Upstate New York Independent)award for producer of year '09 not for just Upstate,New York. but the Tri-State area as well...

If you could ask one question to anyone that is no longer with us what who it be and to whom?

Probably would be my lil brother I lost 2 violence in "86" I would asked him ... to add a hot sample to a track I just laid like he used to do.. R.I.P. DJ "RUSH"





http://mazaroddi.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Mazaroddi
http://www.reverbnation.com/mazmusic
facebook.com/jerrod.blackmon

No comments:

Post a Comment