Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Lost in Music"...Found in France by Rachel Walker


"Lost In Music"...Found In France.
Sister Sledge at Queen- Paris
Merci Beaucoup! (Thank You Very Much)
Hello Everyone!

I have just returned to NYC after an amazing 10 City Disco Funk Tour with Kool & The Gang, performing as 1/3 of the legendary disco funk group Sister Sledge with none other than Joni Sledge herself. The crowds in France were on FIRE!!! I have grown so much and gained a number of life long friends in the process. There are a few key people that I have to thank for playing such an instrumental role in making this dream a reality:
  • Joni Sledge: Your grace, beauty, strength and talent are admirable. Thank you for being so kind and for being an amazing teacher and mentor.
  • Deb Brown aka "The Deb": Thank you for taking me under your wing and being such an amazing tour manager. And you know "I'm so serious right now!" (smile)
  • Jaye Watts: Thank you for your friendship and sisterhood during this trip. I couldn't have picked a better person to experience this with. (STRONG shoulder shake)
  • Shout-out to all the members of Kool & The Gang, All The Musicians, Stage Crew, Tour Managers, Catering, Bus Drivers. You guys rock!
  • Dawn West, Jarard Isler and Tonia Bellamy: Thanks for your words of wisdom and for challenging me to step out on faith with conviction. No regrets.
  • Erika Correa, Sonia Hunte, Peridot Smith, Kadian Langlais and Amanda "Paradyme" Stockham: Ladies, thank you so much for your encouragement and unwavering support.
  • My Family: Mom, Dad & Zee, Thank you for your love and support. I hear you cheering me on no matter where I am in the world.
  • Special shout-out to all The Fans and people of France who showed the most amazing love, warmth and hospitality.
I had the time of my life getting "Lost In Music". I found out so much about myself along the way. I'm looking forward to future opportunities...the journey continues...Stay Tuned.

A Bientot! <3 Rae. (See you soon)
Rae in France
The Story is too amazing to capture in one email...I will be blogging and posting pics on:
www.rachelwalkeronline.com & www.facebook.com/rachelwalkeronline

No comments:

Post a Comment