Recent Posts

Monday, November 22, 2010

Rap or Spit's Poem of the Week: Untitled by Secquil LadyDay Henderson




Untitled

Im a dreamer without a dream,
a con artist with no scheme,
i used to be a diamond but somehow i lost my bling...
a fuckin machine...
programmed to survive,
most peoples lives
have a purpose,
my purpose is to just be alive...
and i...
just cant seem to get it right..
eyes blood shot red
cause its too loud around here @ nite...
aint shyt to drown out my thoughts.
So i play chess with the devil
and me and the lawd have a long talk,
by morning my state of confusion is even worse...
i need to know how to satisfy this hunger....
quench this damn thirst
and it only gets worse
everytime it gets better...
im in a trillion pieces
but i act like im so together.
wont let em see me sweat,
nobody else will EVER make me cry...
i got so good at not feeling
that even i believed the lie...
that i could get by with just i...
create my own quiet world
but as tight as i rolled the pain
it has still unfurled...
im at war...
with my gotdamn self...
i just hope the right one of me wins...
 it's a matter of life and death

No comments:

Post a Comment